The XBee SIP Adapter is a fully-assembled, small-footprint solution for interfacing the most commonly-used XBee module features with your 3.3 V or 5 V microcontroller.
The 2 x 5 dual SIP header makes a sturdy connection to your breadboard or through-hole board, and brings the basic connections to your prototyping area without taking up a lot of space. The more advanced XBee features are still accessible, through additional headers on the module.
- Onboard 3.3 V regulator
- 5V to 3.3 V logic translator buffers common I/O pins
- Six status indicator LEDs for Power, Tx, Rx, RSSI, Associate and mode (Sleep/ON)
- Small footprint dual SIP header provides support and allows easy interfacing to DOUT (TX), DIN (RX), RTS, 5 V supply and ground
- 5-pin female header connections provides interfacing to other XBee pins such as sleep, reset and associate
- A row of 10 plated through-holes with 0.1” spacing allows the option of soldering jumper wires or a header (not included) for access to the remaining XBee pins in advanced applications
- An additional plated through-hole gives access to 3.3 V output for ADC reference (VREF) when required
- Adapter board is pre-assembled - no soldering required for using most common XBee features
- Compatible with all Parallax microcontrollers, including the 5 V BASIC Stamp modules and 3.3 V Propeller P8X32A
Other XBee Adapter Boards:
- Power requirements: 5 VDC
- Communication: Serial pass-through to XBee module
- Dimensions: 1 x 2.4 x 0.36 in (25.4 x 61 x 9.14 mm)
- Operating temp range: -40 to + 158 °F (-40 to +70 °C)
Note: This SIP Adapter is compatible with XBee and XBee Pro modules.
Downloads & Resources:
XBee Comparison Chart
XBee SIP Adapter Product Documentation (.pdf)
BASIC Stamp example code (.zip)
XBee SIP Adapter Schematic (.pdf)